As the Organisation responsible for this website, we have prepared this privacy notice to inform you in accordance with the requirements of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) about the nature, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data in relation to the services we offer on our website.
'Data Intermediary' an organisation which processes personal data on behalf of another organisation but does not include an employee of that other organisation;
'Personal data' means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access;
'Processing' in relation to Personal Data, means the carrying out of any operation or set of operations in relation to the Personal Data, and includes any of the following: recording, holding, organisation, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, combination, transmission, erasure or destruction;
'Organisation' in relation to the Processing of Personal Data, includes any individual, company, association or body of persons, corporate or unincorporated, whether or not formed or recognised under the law of Singapore; or resident, or having an office or a place of business, in Singapore.
II. General Information
1. The Data User
WEVO Chemical (Asia-Pacific) Pte. Ltd.
German Centre · Office #04-13/1425 International Business Park · Singapore, 609916
2. Contact details of the Group Data Protection Officer
3. Legal bases
We process Personal Data based on at least one of the following legal bases:
- Individuals have given consent to the processing of their Personal Data for one or more specific purposes;
- The individual’s consent is deemed to have be given, for example in the context of processing Personal Data of the individual with a view to entering into a contract with us or the performance of a concluded contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the individual or of another natural person;
- Processing is in the legitimate interests of our organisation or another person and the legitimate interests of our organisation or other person outweigh any adverse effect on the individual.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of business asset transactions;
- Processing is necessary for business improvement purposes.
4. Onward transfer of Personal Data
We forward Personal Data to recipients (Data Intermediary or other third parties) only to the extent required and only if one of the subsequent conditions are met:
- the individual has consented to the data transfer;
- the onward transfer is required to fulfil a contractual obligation or pre-contractual measure on the request of the individual;
- we are obliged by law to make such a transfer;
- The onward transfer is made on the basis of our legitimate interest or those of a third party.
5. Third countries
To process enquiries from individuals, it may be necessary to transfer Personal Data to recipients, such as other group members and the WEVO head office, which are located outside Singapore. The transfer takes place based on your voluntary given consent pursuant to section 10 (2) of the Personal Data Protection Regulations 2021. The transfer of Personal Data to the WEVO head office in Germany is protected by the legal guarantees under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). WEVO Germany have implemented adequate technical and organisational security measures to ensure appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. To the extent your Personal Data are transferred to countries that do not provide sufficient legal guarantees, WEVO will base the respective transfer on appropriate contractual safeguards, for example the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
6. Rights of individuals
You have the following rights regarding your Personal Data:
- under section 21 PDPA to request information about your Personal Data that is in our possession or under our control and information about the ways in which the Personal Data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us within a year before the date of the request;
- under section 22 PDPA to request an error or omission in the Personal Data about you that is in our possession or under our control;
- under section 16 PDPA to withdraw at any time, on reasonable notice, any consent given or deemed given under the PDPA to the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Data by us for any purpose.
If you wish to assert the rights mentioned above, you can contact us or our Group Data Protection Officer at any time using the contact details above.
7. Erasure and restriction of Personal Data
Unless otherwise provided for in this privacy notice, Personal Data will be deleted in accordance with section 25 PDPA, if this data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and the retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes. Personal Data will not be erased, if any such erasure is prohibited under statutory retention requirements. In this case we will restrict the processing of this data.
III. Individual processing activities when you visit our website
In order to make our website available, we use services provided by hosting companies, such as: provision of web servers, disk space, database services, and security or maintenance services. Here we, or our Data Intermediaries, process Personal Data of website visitors based on our legitimate interests in providing efficient and secure access to our website.
No cookies are used on our website.
3. Access data and log files
By visiting our website or its individual pages, your device’s internet browser automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is stored in so-called log files by us or our hosting provider and will be deleted after 6 Months at the latest.
The following information is stored:
- IP address of the requesting computer;
- Date and time of access;
- Name and URL of the requested file;
- Website from which our site was accessed (Referrer-URL);
- The browser used and your computer’s operating system;
- Status codes and the transferred amount of data;
- Name of your access providers.
This data will be used for the following purposes:
- The provision of our website, including all of its features and contents;
- To ensure a smooth connection to our website;
- To ensure a more user-friendly experience on our website;
- To ensure system security and stability;
- For anonymised statistical evaluation of website access;
- To optimise our website;
- For disclosure to law enforcement authorities in the event of unlawful interference / attacks on our systems;
- For further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is our legitimate interest. Under no circumstances will we use the Personal Data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about an individual.
4. General means of contact
If you contact us using the contact details published on our website (for example, by e-mail) and in this context provide us with Personal Data, we will use this data to process your request, if related to the performance of a contract or is required to perform pre-contractual action. In all other cases, processing is based on your consent and / or our legitimate interest in the effective processing of requests addressed to us. We will store your Personal Data until you ask us for deletion, revoke your consent to the storage, or the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected (for example, after completion of your request). Mandatory statutory provisions - especially retention periods - remain thereof unaffected.
5. Direct marketing to customers
If you are interested in our products or services or you are an existing customer and we have received your e-mail address in connection with the sale of goods or services, we may use your name, contact details and e-mail address for the direct marketing of our own similar goods or services. This applies if you have given your consent or you have not objected and we clearly and unequivocally have advised you of the possibility of objection at the time of collecting your personal data, and every time we use it thereafter. We will store the personal data until you opt-out from direct marketing.
6. Statistics and analytics with etracker
7. Job applications
If you apply for a job, you will be asked to provide your name, contact information and further application documents so that we can contact you and process your application.
For the purpose of processing job applications, we will forward your Personal Data to WEVO Chemical (Asia-Pacific) Limited; Empress Plaza, Office 1203; Tsim Sha Tsui; 17-19 Chatham Road South; Hong Kong. The transfer is necessary for the fulfilment of administrative tasks in the WEVO group. Measures have been taken to ensure that the data transfer provides adequate protection comparable to the standard under the PDPA. In particular, Personal Data will be handled in compliance with the principles of accuracy, purpose limitation and data minimisation, processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner, and protected by technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
The processing of Personal Data for the purpose of deciding on the establishment of an employment relationship, including the transfer to our group company in Hong Kong, is based on your voluntary consent. Application documents will be kept for a period of 6 months after completion of the application process and then deleted, unless storage is required for the documentation of other operations (for example, subsequent recruitment).
If we reject your application but would like to keep the application documents in our pool of interested parties for a longer period of up to one year in order to consider you for future job advertisements, we will contact you in advance and ask for your consent. Personal Data will then only be stored with your prior express consent by e-mail or post.